Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pam's Quilt

Pam's husband left behind some beautiful ties but also some really nice button down shirts. Pam asked if I could put a quilt together incorporating both. Always up for a challenge I of course was happy to oblige.

Here it is after all the squares had been put together:
Here are the first 16 squares all finished.
The white in the background is the muslin
I use to add stability to the fabric.

And here all the squares have been
trimmed down and pieced out on the bed for sewing.

And here the sewing is done and all the squares are together.
Quilts By Kate
I found a great piece of charcoal suiting material for the backing
and to add a little something special I added a few
of the tie labels to each corner.

A close-up of the labels.

There was one tie that didn't quite fit the rest, though.
Pam sent me this really cute Santa tie and because
it was specifically shaped like Santa I couldn't
really bear to cut it up, so I arranged
it onto the back and appliqued it there.
So now the quilt is technically reversible for the holidays.

All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $600.

Finished January 2012

No comments: